Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Release: Carnage & Borgore - Incredible [Spinnin' Records]"


Oh my lanta. I have so much to say; yet, I haven't the slightest clue where to start. Writing a relatively "PG" review on EDM Tunes was damn near impossible. You can check it out by clicking the link below! Keep scrolling for my honest, uncensored review.


Holy shit, this tune is a banger times fucking ten. I shit a brick when I heard that Carnage & Borgore were making a house baby together. I thought it was a joke at first, to be honest. The crowned, "King of Trap," Carnage... working with sexed-out, bass puking, dubstep mastermind, Borgore... It could have only meant one thing: Twerk-inducing, face melting "trapstep." Or whatever it would be called... I'm not a technical, sub-genre bro who corrects everyone he can on Facebook. Like it matters kid, get a life. Anyways, you get my drift. When I started listening to the official release with "Progressive House" in the genre category, and a steady 128 bpm intro coming through my headphones, I was a bit worried... Could the artists who religiously make songs like these 2 below, pull off a house track???



Once the "big-room house" synthesizer lead hit in the chorus, it sounded much like a track that you'd expect to hear out of an artist like Hardwell. It seemed promising, but I still didn't know what was to come in the drop. Once the chorus reached its peak, everything dropped into an echoing silence. Many artists try (and typically fail) this tactic, in order to build suspense and leave room to slur words into their mic before the drop hits. Well, these guys hit it on the nose with some faded reverb. Simple, but it worked.

The drop takes a whole new direction, being as "progressive" as a track can get. Over a based out drum loop (which is done by inserting low-decibel sine waves between every kick) are these "sounds" that stab at the track aggressively. I fucking love it. It's heavy, relatively simple, and aggressive. That's a recipe for success, if done correctly. It's a mother fuckin' festival anthem without a doubt. Be ready to hear it, and a million other remixes, all through 2013!



It's already been played out on radio shows and stages across the globe, by the likes of this long list of Djs. Here's what they had to say!
Tiesto : 'Supporting in my live sets!'
Sandro Silva : 'That song is stuck in my head! #Incredible'
Avicii : 'Cool! Played in my radioshow!'
Hardwell : 'Cool track'
Nicky Romero : 'Played in my radioshow'
Sander van Doorn : 'Supported in my Identity radioshow'
Porter Robinson : 'Amazing track! Full supporting'
Bingo Players : 'Played in our radioshow'
Thomas Gold : 'Cool! Played in my radioshow'
R3hab : 'Awesome! Supported in my radioshow'
Paul Oakenfold : 'Amazing!'
A-trak : 'Full support'
Swanky Tunes : 'Nice track' 

No comments:

Post a Comment