Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Clarity (Original Mix) Criticism + "Release: Zedd - Clarity feat. Foxes (Tiesto Remix)"


Click HERE for my review on EDM Tunes!

Well, it seems as if Tiesto is making another huge push for 2013! Following up his stunning remix of "Carried Away" by Passion Pit, which is no more than 2 weeks old, he's just released another! This time, he remixed Zedd's commercial-hit "Clarity" featuring Foxes. I was both excited and disappointed... I was excited because Tiesto always delivers. In addition, he never fails to surprise me with his genre switch-ups and damn-near perfect execution. The disappointment was his song selection.
Now, hear me out. I think Clarity is an amazing production. Zedd is both a talented musician and an outstanding producer. The only reason why Clarity stays off my iPod is for this definite reason: Foxes. 


I'm usually not one for "hating," but holy good God is she a terrible addition to this track. Her nasally, congested voice makes me think of THAT ONE CHICK who sings the national anthem during your high school football game. Yeah, the one who can't hit a single note if it meant the life of her. The are SO MANY other female vocalists in EDM who would have hit this track out of the park, far better than Foxes for sure. Just realized this now: (after posting of course) AMBA SHEPHERD would have been perfect for this song! Whatever, can't change it now! Watch their live performance on the Letterman Show; notice Zedd's "Oh shit, this is embarrassing..." facial expression as she screeches into the microphone. 


I was hoping Tiesto would have done something different with the lyrics, or could have even cut them out. Oh well, her studio-edited vocals are somewhat bearable. Also, the awesomeness of this remix is enough to give it a few extra repeats anyways. Enjoy the song! Give me your feed back on Twitter by tweeting @MusiqueToujoure I want to know who agrees with me, or why you think otherwise! 



No comments:

Post a Comment